Classic | The Take On Year To Date Figure Screen
Where a new company is registered on the system during the tax year, you have the option to process year-to-date figures on an employee’s record. If this is not done before the first open run is processed, you will have to contact the Support Centre for assistance. Functionality to upload year-to-date financial figures in bulk is available on the system.
Please note: Click on any image in the article to enlarge.
NextGen or Classic
The Classic version is the name given to the previous look and feel of the system. Important to note, both NextGen and Classic point to the same database. No data migration is therefore applicable.
This article covers the Take On Year To Date Figure Screen for the
Classic version of the system.
An Example of the Classic Landing Page
An Example of the NextGen Landing Page
This feature is available on Lite, Premier and Master.
Navigation:Employee Menu>Take On Year To Date Figures
- Remember to add employees who were terminate dduring the tax year as IRP5s are required to be generated for these employees.
- Where the employee has a medical aid component, remember to load the year-to-date figure for medical aid tax credit and the medical aid fringe benefit. The same principle applies for all payroll funds.
- The ETI Take-on must be completed on the Take On Year To Date Figures Screen as well as using Bulk Entries-functionality.
- Take On Year To Date Figures Screen: process the current tax year’s year-to-date ETI value
- Bulk Entries-functionality:process the monthly ETI data per employee for each qualifying month starting from employee’s Group Join Date (including prior tax years). In the event where the first qualifying month started later than the employee’s Group Join Date, insert a zero for every unqualified period. Should the ETI Take-On not be completed, each period from the employee’s Group Join Date will be counted as a qualifying month.
- The employee’s employment date on the Employee Tax Profile Screen is a critical field for the tax calculation to function correctly.
- During the first live pay run, the system will automatically correct the tax component, based on the year-to-date figures processed.
You may also be interested in
NextGen | The YTD Take On Screen
About Where a new company is registered on the system during the tax year, you have the option to process year-to-date figures on an employee’s YTD Take On Screen. If this is not done before the first Open Run is processed, you will have to contact ...
Classic | The Company Pay Frequency Screen
About The Company Pay Frequency Screen stores all the qualifying fields of the frequency to create the Company Payslip Pay Dates. This is also the first screen in the workflow path when adding a new frequency. Please note: Click on any image in the ...
Classic | Increases
About Increases can be applied individually on the Employee Pay Rate Details Screen or collectively using the Bulk Entries-functionality to upload to the Pay Rate Details Screen. This article focuses on processing increases individually on the ...
Classic | Adding an Individual Employee Record
About New employees who join the company must be loaded onto the payroll in the current processing period to receive payment. Employees can be uploaded in bulk or loaded individually. This article focuses on adding an individual employee record. ...
Classic | The Employee Payslip Screen
About The Employee Payslip Screen contains all Statutory components, recurring components, payroll totals and net pay. Components that are only relevant to the current pay period, should be processed on the Employee Payslip Screen. All component ...