NextGen | The YTD Take On Screen
Where a new company is registered on the system during the tax year, you have the option to process year-to-date figures on an employee’s YTD Take On Screen. If this is not done before the first Open Run is processed, you will have to contact the Support Centre for assistance.
The YTD Take On Screen is included in the Add New Employee Workflow.
Please note: Click on any image in the article to enlarge.
NextGen or Classic
The Classic version is the name given to the previous look and feel of the system. Important to note, both NextGen and Classic point to the same database. No data migration is therefore applicable.
This article covers the YTD Take On Screen for the new and improved
NextGen version of the system.
An Example of the NextGen Landing Page
An Example of the Classic Landing Page
This feature is available on Lite, Premier and Master.
Ensure that the correct
employee is selected.
The Location Menu
The YTD Take On Screen
Take On: Considerations
- Remember to add employees who were terminated during the tax year as IRP5s are required to be generated for these employees.
- Where the employee has a medical aid component, be sure to load the year-to-date figure for medical aid tax credit and the medical aid fringe benefit. The same principle applies for all payroll funds.
- The ETI Take-on must be completed on the Take On Year To Date Figures Screen as well as using Bulk Actions-functionality.
- Take On Year To Date Figures Screen: process the current tax year’s year-to-date ETI value.
- Bulk Actions-functionality: process the monthly ETI data per employee for each qualifying month starting from employee’s Group Join Date (including prior tax years). In the event where the first qualifying month started later than the employee’s Group Join Date, insert a zero for every unqualified period. Should the ETI Take-On not be completed, each period from the employee’s Group Join Date will be counted as a qualifying month. Please contact our Support Desk for assistance.
- The employee’s employment date on the Employee Tax Profile Screen is a critical field for the tax calculation to function correctly.
- During the first live pay run, the system will automatically correct the tax component, based on the year-to-date figures processed.
Please note: the YTD Take On Screen will only be avilable up to the Pay Date of the first Open Run. While adding the new employee, once you have completed the Recurring Components Screen, the option to complete
9. Take On Year To Date Figures, will be available.
You may also be interested in
Classic | The Take On Year To Date Figure Screen
About Where a new company is registered on the system during the tax year, you have the option to process year-to-date figures on an employee’s record. If this is not done before the first open run is processed, you will have to contact the Support ...
NextGen | The Leave Adjustments Screen
About Leave applications and leave adjustments are processed by the Company Level User on the Leave Adjustments Screen. Please note: Click on any image in the article to enlarge. NextGen or Classic The Classic version is the name given to the ...
NextGen | The Tax Profile Screen
About The Employee Tax Profile Screen stores information relating to the employee’s tax calculation. A history of tax records will accumulate at the bottom of the Employee Tax Profile Screen, should an employee be terminated and re-instated starting ...
NextGen | On Boarding New Employees Using the Bulk Actions Screen
About Besides on boarding new employees individually, you can upload employees using the Bulk Actions Screen. Where a frequency is added, or a new company is registered during the tax year, the system will automatically create an Interim Run to ...
NextGen | Suspending an Employee
About When an employee goes on maternity leave or needs to take a leave of absence, you can suspend the employee. Suspensions are processed on the Suspension Screen. Please note: Click on any image in the article to enlarge. NextGen or Classic The ...