How do I encash a negative leave balance?

How do I encash a negative leave balance?

A negative value cannot be entered in the Leave Pay component (tax code 3605). An employee's negative leave balance will need to be processed through an Unpaid Time component.

Step 1: Add the Unpaid Time component.

            Navigate > Configuration > Payroll > Payroll Config > Payroll Components




Step 2: Access the employee's Edit Payslip screen and process the Unpaid Time component to process the negative leave days.
      Navigate > Employee > Payroll Processing > Edit Payslip > Allowances


Step 3: Process a Leave Adjustment to clear the Balance of negative Leave days on the employee's Leave Balances screen.

      Navigate > Employee > Leave > Adjustments